The differences of the oral hygiene status in patients with cleft lip and palate pre operative and post operative in Takalar Regency
Objective: This study aims to determine the difference in oral hygiene status in patients with cleft lip and palate pre operative and post operative in takalar regency. The sample in this study were patients with cleft lip and palate preoperative and postoperative with a total sample of 20 people consisting of 10 people for the preoperative group and 10 people for the postoperative group.Material and Methods: This study is observational analytic and the design of this study is Cross Sectional Study. Determination of samples was done by quota sampling. Assessment of oral hygiene status was obtained from OHI-S scores. The data obtained were tested with chi-square test and t-test by SPSS.Results: In the group of patients with cleft lip and palate preoperative had an average oral hygiene status of 2.69 while the postoperative group was 2.04 with p-value of 0.062 (> 0.05). Conclusion: There was no difference in the status of oral hygiene in patients with cleft lip and palate preoperative and postoperative in Takalar regency.
- Anderson L, Kahnberg KE, Pogrel MA. Oral and maxillofacial surgery. Oxford, United Kingdom: Blackwell Publishing; 2010. p. 945-947.
- Warubania SA, Bhatara T, Widjajanegara H, et al. Description of maternal risk factor in first trimester of pregnancy and orofacial cleft types in YPPCBL 2017. SPeSIA 2018;4: 602. (In Indonesia)
- Pisek A, Pitiphat W, Chowcheun B. Oral health status and oral impacts on quality of life in early adolescent cleft patients. J Med Assic Thai 2014;97: S7-S9.
- Sherlyta M, Wardani R, Susilawati S. Oral hygiene level of underdeveloped village State Elementary School students in Bandung Regency. Padjajaran J Dent 2017;29: 72-74. (In Indonesia)
- Chohan AN, Wyne AH. Caries and oral hygiene status among a group of saudi cleft lip and palate children. Pakistan Oral Dent J 2008;28: 277.
- Sharda J, Mathur LK, Sharda AJ. Oral health behavior and its relationship with dental caries status and periodontal status among 12-13 year old school children in udaipur india. OHDM 2013;12: 237-242.
- Chopra A, Lakhanpal M, Rao NC, et al. Oral health in 4-6 years children with cleft lip/palate. North Am J Med Sci 2014;6: 268.
- Nair LC, Singh AK, Prasad V, et al. Comparison of oral and dental health status in patients with or without cleft lip and palate deformities undergoing orthodontic treatment. J Cleft Lip Palate Craniofac Anomal 2016;3: 75-76.
- Masrial, Yanwirasti, Syukur S, et al. Analysis of gene polymorphisms TGFi+ rs 1058213 to cleft lip cases with or without a non-syndrome cleft palate in Riau Malay Ethnic. J Dentomaxillofac Sci 2018;3: 32-36.
How to Cite
Rasul, M. I., Tajrin, A., Ruslin, M., Fauzi, A., Fujiwara, K., Noguchi, M., & Al-Bashir, S. N. (2020). The differences of the oral hygiene status in patients with cleft lip and palate pre operative and post operative in Takalar Regency. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 5(3), 162–167. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v5i3.1023