Phyto-response effects of moringa oleifera leaves (moringa oleifera) ethanol extract on osteoblast and mandibular bone osteoclasts (rattus norvegicus) (experimental study using histopathology fluorescent light)
Objective: To determine the phyto-response effect of the Kelor leaves ethanol extract (Moringa oleifera) in osteoblasts and osteoclasts cells of rat mandibular bones (Rattus norvegicus) in the atmosphere of fluorescent light histopathologically. Material and Methods: Manufacture of Kelor leaf ethanol extract by maceration method and ethanol 96%. The 10-tailed mice are divided into 1 mouse-tails that are only exposed to light, 3-tailed mice positive groups given the drug vitamin D, 3-tails of negative group rats given aquades, and 3-tails of treatment given the leaf ethanol extract. The treatment of rats was carried out on the 0 day, 7th Day, 14th and 21st days, then dieutanasia using ether anesthesia and carried out the cutting of the mandibular bone using bone, fixation, decalcification to the calculation of cells osteoblasts and osteoclasts with a microscope (Olympus BX-51) 400X magnification. Results: There was a significant difference between the positive control group, the negatives and the treatment group that applied the Kelor leaf ethanol extract to the rat mandibular bone and exposed to light for 24 hours. The treatment group applied the Kelor leaf ethanol extract has the highest number of osteoblasts cells on day 28. Conclusion: The Kelor leaf ethanol extract is effective in stimulating the osteoblasts cells of the bones that have been exposed to light in the long term. The Kelor leaf ethanol extract can balance the bone growth cycle significantly over vitamin D.
- Hidayat A, Mujahiduddien A. Learning the shape of the human joint uses the concept of augmented reality. J Siliwangi 2017;3: 204-208. (In Indonesia)
- Doherty AH, Ghalambor CK, Donahue SW. Evolutionary physiology of bone : bone metabolism in changing environments. Physiol 2015;30: 17-29.
- Edelson LR, Loret C, Re BJD Le. Anatomical, functional, physiological and behavioural aspects of the development of mastication in early childhood. Br J Nutr 2014;111: 403-414.
- Dias PEMD, Miranda GE, Beaini TL, et al. Practical application of anatomy of the oral cavity in forensic facial reconstruction. J Pone 2016;11: 1-16.
- Macdonell R, Hamrick MW, Isales CM. Protein / amino-acid modulation of bone cell function. Bonekey Rep 2016;5: 1-7.
- Florencio-silva R, Rodrigues G, Sasso-cerri E, et al. Biology of bone tissue: structure, function , and factors that influence bone cells. Biomed Res Int 2015;2015: 1-17.
- Lin X, Patil S, Gao YG, Qian A. The Bone Extracellular Matrix in Bone Formation and Regeneration. Front Pharmacol 2020;11: 1-15.
- Morris CA, Cabral D, Cheng H, et al. Patterns of bone mineral density testing: Current guidelines, testing rates, and interventions. J Gen Intern Med 2004;19: 783-790.
- Boskey AL. Mineralization of bones and teeth. Elements 2007;3: 385-391.
- Walsh JS. Normal bone physiology, remodelling and its hormonal regulation. Surg 2014;33: 1-6.
- Lungu A, Punga A, Mangaloiu D, et al. Factors affecting growth and bone development in minors. Case report. Eur J Public Health 2018;25: 456-457.
- Guo R, Du Y, Zhang S, et al. The effects of ultraviolet supplementation to the artificial lighting on rats’ bone metabolism, bone mineral density, and skin. J Photochem Photobiol B Biol 2018;188: 12-18.
- Sinar A, Surakarta B, Kunci K. The Effectiveness of Sunlight Ultraviolet Exposure on Bone Mass Density and Cholesterol Levels in the Elderly. Profesi 2016;14: 1-4. (In Indonesia)
- Lucassen EA, Coomans CP, van-Putten M, et al. Environmental 24-hr cycles are essential for health. Curr Biol 2016;26: 1843-1853.
- Syarif RD, Kusumaningsih T, Arundina I. Changes in osteoblast and osteoclast cell count after moringa oleifera leaf extract administration during orthodontic tooth movement. J Dentomaxillofac Sci 2020;5: 98-102.
- Fitriana WD, Ersam T, Shimizu K, et al. Antioxidant activity of moringa oleifera extracts. Indones J Chem 2016;16: 297-301.
- Soekobagiono, Salim S, Hidayati HE, et al. Effects of moringa oleifera leaf extract combined with DFBBX on type-1 collagen expressed by osteoblasts in the tooth extraction sockets of Cavia cobaya. Dent J 2018;51: 86-90.
- Rostiny, Djulaeha E, Hendrijantini N, et al. The effect of combined moringa oleifera and demineralized freeze-dried bovine bone xenograft on the amount of osteoblast and osteoclast in the healing of tooth extraction socket of cavia cobaya. Dent J 2016;37: 38-43.
- Cardinali DP, Ladizesky MG, Boggio V, et al. Melatonin effects on bone: experimental facts and clinical perspectives. J Pineal Res 2003;34: 81-87.
- Feskanich D, Hankinson SE, Schernhammer ES. Nightshift work and fracture risk: the nurses’ health study. Osteoporos Int 2009;20: 537-542.
- Quevedo I, Zuniga AM. Low bone mineral density in rotating-shift workers. J Clin Densitom 2010;13: 467-469.
- Farbod K, Nejadnik MR, Jansen JA, Leeuwenburgh SCG. Interactions Between Inorganic and Organic Phases in Bone Tissue as a Source of Inspiration for Design of Novel Nanocomposites. Tissue Eng - Part B Rev 2014;20: 173-188.
- Kresnoadi U, Rahmania PN, Caesar HU, et al. The role of the combination of moringa oleifera leaf extract and demineralized freeze - dried bovine bone xenograft (xenograft) as tooth extraction socket preservation materials on osteocalcin and transforming growth factor - beta 1 expressions in alveo. J Indian Prosthodont Soc 2019;19: 120-125.
How to Cite
Chairunas, Gani, B. A., Abdat, M., & Kariza, S. D. (2020). Phyto-response effects of moringa oleifera leaves (moringa oleifera) ethanol extract on osteoblast and mandibular bone osteoclasts (rattus norvegicus) (experimental study using histopathology fluorescent light). Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 5(3), 191–195. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v5i3.1065