Influence of knowledge management on increasing service innovation at Dental Hospital Hasanuddin University 2020
Objective: The aim of analyze and improve the service innovation at Hasanuddin University Dental and Oral Hospital through the use of the knowledge management system.Material and Methods: The instrument used in data collection was a questionnaire. There are two variables in this study, namely the independent variable is knowledge generation, knowledge storage, knowledge diffusion, knowledge application and the dependent variable is service innovation.Results: An effect knowledge generation on increasing service innovation (p = 0.000) with an R coefficient value square of 0.392, there was an effect of knowledge storage on increasing service innovation. (p = 0.000) with an R coefficient value square of 0.285 there is an effect of knowledge diffusion on increasing service innovation (p = 0.000) with an R coefficient value of 0.374, and there is an effect of knowledge application on increasing service innovation (p=0.000) with an R coefficient value. amounting to 0.176. It is recommended that the hospital management pay attention to and optimize the knowledge application at the Hasanuddin University Dental and Oral Hospital.Conclusion: This study is that there is an effect of knowledge generation, knowledge storage, knowledge diffusion, and knowledge application on improving service innovation at Dental Hospital Hasanuddin University.
Keywords: Knowledge application Knowledge diffusion Knowledge generation Knowledge management Service innovation
- Padma, Rajendran, Lokachari. Service quality and its impact on customer satisfaction in Indian hospitals-Perspectives of patients and their attendants. Benchmarking: An Int J 2013;17: 807-841.
- Mardani A, Nikoosokhan S, Moradi M, et al. The relationship between knowledge management and innovation performance. J High Tech Manag Res 2018;29: 12-26.
- Donate MJ, Guadamillas F. Organizational factors to support knowledge management and innovation. J Knowledge Manag 2011;15: 890-914.
- Donate M, Pablo JS. The role of knowledge-oriented leadership in knowledge management practices and innovation. J Business Res 2015;68: 360-370.
- Darroch J, McNaughton R. Examining the link between knowledge management practices and types of innovation. J Intellectual Capit 2002;3: 210-222.
- Egena O, Rajenthyran A. The mediating role of knowledge application in the relationship between knowledge management practices and firm innovation. J Inn Knowledge 2020;5: 210-218.
- Costa V, Monteiro S. Key knowledge management processes for innovation: A systemicy literature review. VINE J Information Knowledge Manag Systems 2016;46: 386-410.
- Wang KL, Chi Chiang, Chiu-Mei Tung. Integrating human resource management and knowledge management: from the view point of core employees and organizational performance. Int J Org Inn 2012;5: 109-137.
- McCann JE, Buckner. Strategically integrating knowledge management initiatives. J Knowledge Management 2004;8: 47-63
- Williams P, Sullivan H. Lessons in leadership for learning and knowledge management in multi-organizational settings. Int J Leadership in Public Services 2011;7: 6-20.
- Xie X, Wang L, Zeng S. Inter-organizational knowledge acquisition and firm’s radical innovation: A moderated mediation analysis. J Business Res 2018;90: 295-306.
- Alegre J, Sengupta K, Lapiedra R. (2013). Knowledge management and innovation performance in a high-tech SMEs industry. Int Small Business J 2013;31: 454-470.
- Yung-Lung Lai, Maw-Shin Hsu, Feng-Jyh Lin, et al. The effects of industry cluster knowledge management on innovation performance. J Business Res 2014;67: 734-739.
- Hamdoun M, Chiappetta JCJ, Ben-Othman H. Knowledge transfer and organizational innovation: Impacts of quality and environmental management. J Cleaner Produc 2018;193: 759-770.
- Cheng MY, Ho JSY, Lau PM (2009). Knowledge sharing in academic institutions: A study of Multimedia University Malaysia. Electronic J Knowledge Manag 2009;7: 313-324.
- Abou ZES. A Knowledge Management Reference Model. J Knowledge Manag 2002;6: 486-499.
- Boateng H, Agyemang FG. The effects of knowledge sharing and Knowledge Application on service recovery performance. Business Information Rev 2015;32: 119-126.
- Shin M, Hoden T, Schmidt RA. From knowledge theory to management practice: Towards an integrated approach. Information Process Manag 2001;37: 335-355.
How to Cite
Thalib, A. M., Sidin, A. I., & Syamsuddin. (2021). Influence of knowledge management on increasing service innovation at Dental Hospital Hasanuddin University 2020. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 6(1), 45–50. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v6i1.1175