RISIKO HIPERTENSI KARENA KEHILANGAN GIGI PADA LANSIA
Changing dietary patterns in elderly as a result ofchange in dental status, such as a loss of teeth anddenture wearing they are may cause reductions of someessential foods and may be cause various healthdisorders. The purpose of this study was to investigate thecorrelation between loss of teeth, denture wearing andhypertension and they are relative risk. Study design is across sectional (n = 131 elderly). We performed a linermultiple regression to analysis between loss of teeth,wearing denture and hypertension (CI: 95%) Result: onehundred thirty-one sample were recruited. Mean age63,37in institutional elderly 62,2% and 64% non institutionalwaslossofposteriorteeth.Theysuggested have a correlation between loss of teethR2 : 0.31 (p:0.043), wearing denture (p. 0.000, RR. 1.72,CI 95%) . and hypertension.
- Papas AS., Palmur CA., Rounds MC, Russell RM., 1998, The effect of denture status on nutrition, Special Care in Dentistry, 18(1): 17-25.
- Papas AS., Joshi A., Giunta JL., Palmer CA., 1998, Relationship among education, dentate status an diet in adults, Special Care in Dentistry, 18(1): 26-32.
- Goldstein C, 2002, Eating right into older age (online)(http;//abcnews.go.com/sec-tions/living/he altho logy /eatinghealthy
- aging020116.html. diakses 22 April 2002).
- Ettinger RL., 1998, Changing dietary patterns with changing dentition : How do people care?., Special Care in Dentisry, 18 CI) : 31 - 29.
- Hamasha AL., Hand JS., Levy SM., 1998, Medical conditions associated with missing teeth and eentulism in institutional elderly, Special Care in Dentistry, 18 (3) : 123 - 26
- Persson IE., Persson GR., Kiyak A., Powell LV., 1998, Oral health
- and medical status in dentate low-income older persons, Special Care in Dentistry,118(2):70-76.
- Hutton B., Feine J., Morais J., 2002, Is there an assiciation between edentulism and nutritional state?, J Can Dent Assoc, 68 (3) : 182-7.
- Sheiham A., Steele JG., Marcenesw., Lo we C, Finch S., Bates CJ dkk, 2001, The relationship among dental status, nutrient intake and nutritional status in older people, J Dent Res: 80 (2); 408-13.
- Fontiju-Tekamp FA., Van't Hof MA., Slater AP., Van Waas MA, 1996, Thestate of dentition
- relation to nutrition in elderly europeans in the SENECA study of 1993, Eur J Clni Nuta ; 50 (suppl2); S 117 - 22.
- Padrabsky M., 1992, Nutrition in Aging dalam Mahan LK (Eds), Krause's food nutrition and diet therapy, eight edition, Philadelpia, London, Toronto, Montreal, Sidney, Tokyo, WB Saunders Company : 243 - 55
How to Cite
Samad, R. (2016). RISIKO HIPERTENSI KARENA KEHILANGAN GIGI PADA LANSIA. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 1(1), 6–10. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v1i1.122