Prevention of aerosol transmission in dental preparation during the corona virus (covid -19) pandemic facing the new normal
Objectives: To prepare for the needs of facing the new normal era in dental practice, especially in aerosol transmission for dental conservation treatment.Methods: Literature review method. Literature searches are obtained from several literature study sources related to the topics to be discussed.Results: The spread of COVID-19 infection could be through aerosol transmission generated during dental conservation treatment.Conclusion: Special precautions are considered to be effective during dental care procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic facing the new normal era.
- Shereen MA, Khan S, Kazmi A, et al. COVID -19 infection: origin, transmission and characteristics of human corona viruses. J Adv Res 2020;24: 2 -3.
- Meng L, Hua F, Bian Z. Corona virus disease 2019 (covid-
- : emerging and future challenges for dental and oral medicine. J Dent Res 2020;99: 481 -487.
- Ather A, Ruparel NB, Diogenes A, et al. Corona virus disease 19 (COVID -19): implications for clinical dental care. JOE 2020;46: 585 -591.
- Ge ZY, Yang LM, Xia JJ, et al. Possible aerosol transmission of covid -19 and special precautions in dentistry. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 2020;21: 361 -368.
- Yu J, Zhang T, Zhao D, et al. Characteristic of endodontic emergencies during corona virus disease 2019 outbreak in Wuhan. JOE 2020;46: 731 -733.
- Peng X, Xu X, Li Y, et al. Transmission routes of 2019-nCoV and controls in dental practice. Int J Oral Sci 2020;12: 1 -6.
- Guo H, Zhou Y, Liu X, et al. The impact of the covid -19 epidemic on the utilization of emergency dental services. J Dent Sci 2020;15: 564 -567.
- Coulthard P. Dentistry and coronavirus (COVID -19) - moral decision -making. Br Dent J 2020;228: 505.
- Miller CH. Infection control and management of hazardous materials for the dental team. 6th ed. St Louis: Missouri; 2018. p. 62 -65.
How to Cite
Sumidarti, A. (2021). Prevention of aerosol transmission in dental preparation during the corona virus (covid -19) pandemic facing the new normal. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 6(2), 71–74. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v6i2.1233