Increase in alp levels at odontoblast cell line after haruan (Channa striata) extract administration as remineralization material
Objective: To determine the effectivity of haruan (Channa striata) extract which added calcium hydroxide to ALP levels in odontoblast cell line. Material and Methods: The study used a posttest only control group design. Odontoblast MDPC-23 cell line that has been distributed in 96-well microplates is divided into 8 groups. ALP levels were measured by ELISA reader. Data were analyzed statistically using ANOVA statistical test, followed by Bonferroni's post test.Results:The ALP level in the odontoblast cell line in haruan extract that added with calcium hydroxide increased compared to the control. At a concentration of 25 µg/ml = 208.37 µg/ml, a concentration of 50 µg/ml = 219.04 µg/ml, a concentration of 100 µg/ml = 282.93 µg/ml and differed significantly from the control group.Conclusion:The effect of haruan extract added with calcium hydroxide can increase the ALP level in odontoblast cell line as concentration increases.
- Torabinejad M, Holland,GR. The biologyof dental pulp and periradicular tissues. In: Torabinejad M, Walton R, editors. Endodontics a principles and practice. 5th ed. St.Louis, Missouri: Elsevier Saunders. 2015. p. 6-8.
- Karanxha L, Park SJ, Son WJ, et al. Combined effects of simvastatin and enamel matrix derivate on odontoblastic differentiation of human dental pulp cells. J Endod 2013;39: 2.
- Kim JY, Kim DS, Auh QS, et al. Role of protein phosphatase 1 in angiogenesis and odontoblastic differentiation of human dental pulp cells. J Endod 2017;43: 417.
- Sakamoto M, Matsushima K, Yamazaki M. Stimulation of alkaline phosphatase activity by PGE2 through induction of IGF-1 in Human Dental Pulp Cells. Int J Oral Med-Scie 2004;2: 37.
- Shrestha S, Diogenes A, Kishen A. Temporal-controlled release of bovine serum albumin from chitosan nanoparticles : Effect on the regulation of alkaline phosphatase activity in stem cells from apical papilla. J Endod 2014:40: 1349-1354.
- Spoto G, Fioroni M, Rubini C, et al. Alkaline phosphatase activity in normal and inflamed dental pulps. J Endod 2001;27: 180-182.
- Agustin R, Dewi N, Rahardja SD. The effectiveness of haruan fish extract (Channa striata) and ibuprofen on the number of neutrophil cells in the wound healing process. In vivo studies on the buccal mucosa of rat (Rattus norvegicus) wistar. Dentino J Kedokt Gigi 2016;1: 69-70. (In Indonesia)
- Goldberg M, Kulkarni A, Young M, et al. Dentin: Structure, composition and mineralization: The role of dentin ECM in dentin formation and mineralization. 2012. Front Bioscience-Landmark (Elite Ed) 2011;1: 711-735.
- Istiqomah L, Damayanti E, Julendra H, et al. Inhibition of earthworm (Lumbricus rubellus) extract granules against pathogenic bacteria in vitro. JSV 2014;32: 93-102. (In Indonesia)
- Bevers LM, van Faassen EE, Vuong TD, et al. Low albumin levels increase endothelial NO production and decrease vascular NO sensitivity. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2006;21: 3443-3449.
- Nicholson JP, Wolmarans MR, Park GR. The role of albumin in critical illness. Br J Anaesth 2000;85: 603.
- Hartini PS, Dewi N, Hayatie L. Haruan fish extract (Channa striata) reduces the number of macrophages in the inflammatory phase of the wound healing process. J Dentofasial 2015;14: 6-10. (In Indonesia)
- Tamales D, Dewi N, Rosida L. Extract of haruan (Channa striata) increasing reepithelialization count in wound healing process on wistar rat’s buccal mucosa. J Dentomaxillofac Sci 2016;1: 12-15.
- Njeh A, Uzunoglu E, Simon S, et al. Reactionary and reparative dentin formation after pulp capping: Hydrogel vs Dycal. Evid Based Endod 2016;1: 2-8.
- Victor E, Cavez A, Massa LF. Odontoblasts: The cells forming and maintaining dentine. J Biocel 2004;36: 1367-1368.
- Hamrick M, MacDonell R, Isales CM. Protein/amino-acid modulation of bone cell function. Int Bone Mineral Soc J Bonekey Rep 2016;5: 1-23.
How to Cite
Nugroho, J. J. (2022). Increase in alp levels at odontoblast cell line after haruan (Channa striata) extract administration as remineralization material. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 7(1), 54–56. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v5i2.1289