Considerations of tooth extraction during pregnancy
regnancy is a common sense. However, when dental care, is likely to perform inparticular tooth extraction, a dentist should be aware of any systemic changes occurredduring pregnancy that can lead to several problems in dental practice. This paper is aimedto discuss the consideration of taking dental radiography and prescribing medicine for anexpectant mother that can't be avoided during oral surgery.
- Atlanta Dental Group PC. Tooth extraction during pregnancy. Available at:http//www.Atlantadentist.com/tooth _extraction_during_pregnancy.html.Accessed:February 26, 2006
- Bennet JD, Rosenberg MB. Medical emergencies in dentistry. Toronto W.B Saunders Company; 2002.p.4947
- Little JW, Falace DA, Miller CS, Rhodus NL. Dental management of the medically compromised patient. St Louis: Mosby; 2002.p.303 4,306-10.
- Suresh L, Rafdar L. Pregnancy and lactation. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 2004; 97: 672-81.
- Newton ER. Trauma and pregnancy. Available at: http://www.wmedicine.com/med/topic 3268.htm.Accessed:February 26, 2006.
- Peterson LJ. Oral and maxillofacial Surgery. 4th edition. Ohio: Mosby; 2003.p.20
- Archer WH. Oral and maxillofacial Surgery. 5th edition. Toronto: W.B. Saunders Company; 1975.p.20-1
- University of Southern California School of Dentistry. Center for Diagnostic Science bulletin. Availableat:http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/students/cds_bulletin/2005_may_cd. pdf-. Accessed: 26 Februari 2006
- Newman MG, Winkelhoff AJ. Antibiotic and antimicrobial use in dental practice. 2nd edition. Prague: Quintessence Publishing Co; 2001.p.236-7
- Preeclampsia and high blood pressure during pregnancy. Available at: http://www.healthwise.net/oregon/content/stddocument.aspx?f=oregon&DOCHWID=hw2834&SECHWID=hw2837.Accessed: March 4, 2006.
How to Cite
Chandha, M. H. (2007). Considerations of tooth extraction during pregnancy. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 6(1), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v6i1.130