Penanganan fluorosis pada gigi sulung dengan menggunakan teknik mikroabrasi
Fluorosis is a pathological endemic effect of ion intake of flour which is more than 1ppm. Enamel fluorosis is tooth enamel demineralization due to excessive flour intakeduring tooth calcification period. Fluorosis is disparity of tooth which is initially markedwith a white line across the enamel surface, and at severe level can change tooth form.Dental fluorosis is hypoplasia or hypomaturation of tooth enamel or dentine because ofchronic usage of excessive fluor at period and development of dentition. Dental fluorosisis qualitative defect of enamel, resulted from the increase of fluor concentration at cellmicroenvironment of ameloblast during development and tooth formation. Quantitativedefect of enamel can occur on severe type of dental fluorosis. Microabrasion, consist ofair abrasion and enamel microabrasion, is a method of reducing tooth structure which isthe best alternative rather than drilling method. The mechanism of air abrasion techniqueis blast pressure of abrasive particles to remove tooth caries. The principle of kineticenergy is the abrasive particles with high pressure and speed, hit the tooth, remove toothcaries, and reduce tooth structure.
- Akpata ES. Occurence and management of dental fluorosis. Int Dent J 2001; 51(5): 2325-33.
- Cameron AC, Widmer RP. Handbook of pediatric dentistry. London: Mosby; 1997.
- Dental fluorosis. [online] 2005 [cited 2005]. Available from URL http://www.google.com.
- Chan DC, et al. The effect of microabrasion on restorative materials and tooth surface. Oper Dent 1996; 21(2): 63-8.
- Croll TP. Enamel microabrasion: the technique. Quintessence Int 1989; 20(6).
- Day T. Air abrasion. [online] 2005 [cited 2005]. Available from URL
- Air abrasion. [online] 2004 [cited 2004]. Available from URL http://www.planocosmeticdentist.com.
- Fomon SJ, et al. Fluoride intake and prevalence of dental fluorosis: Trends in fluoride intake with special attention to infants. J Public Health dent 2000; 60 (3): 131-9.
- Micro abrasion dentistry technology. [online] 2005 [cited 2005]. Available from URL http://www. Kutschandrenyer. com.
- Cutress TW, Suckling GW. Differential diagnosis of dental fluorosis. J Dent Res 1990; 69.
- Dalzell DP, et al. Microabrasion: Effect of time, number of application, and pressure on enamel loss.Pediatr Dent 1995; 17(3): 207-11.
- Air abrasion. [online] 2004 [cited 2004]. Available from URL http://www.agd.org/ consumer/topics/airabrasion/main.html.
- Air abrasion, microabrasion. [online] 2005 [cited 2005]. Available fromURL http://www.pubmed. com.
How to Cite
Achmad, M. H. (2007). Penanganan fluorosis pada gigi sulung dengan menggunakan teknik mikroabrasi. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 6(1), 42–50. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v6i1.136