Perobahan dimensi hasil cetakan alginat berbentuk balok
There are several causal possibilities developing dimensional changes on impressionsuch as type of impression materials used, impression taking technique, bulk ofimpression material or size of impression tray. In this study investigation was done onthe size of impression material used to elucidate the possibilities role of impressionmaterial in gaining dimensional changes of impression. Rectangle shape alginateimpressions were made in 29.57 mm length, 19.45 mm width and 9.67 mm thicknessmold of metal master die covered by glass plate and dimensional changes aremeasured on alginate impression itself. Then data were analyzed with T-test (pairedsamples test)to compare dimension changing between alginat height anddimension changing on length and width. Measured results show the dimensionalchanges occur 3.16% Â± 0.63% on length side, 3.35% Â± 0.42% on width side and10.87% Â± 1.01% on thickness side, respectively. There are significantly differences ofdimensional changes on thick ness side covered by glass plate compared withdimensional changes on length and width sides surrounding by metal of master die.
- Phillips RW. Skinnerâ€™s science of dental materials. 8th Ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co.; 1982. p. 108-36.
- Sawyer HF. Accuracy of casts produced from alginate and hydrocolloid impression materials. J Am Dent Assoc 1976; 93: 806-8.
- Linke BA. Distortion analysis of stone casts made from impression materials. J Prosthet Dent 1985; 54 (6): 794-802.
- Thongthammachat S. Dimensional accuracy of dental casts: influence of tray material, impression material and time. J Prosthodont 2002 Jun; 11 (2): 98-108.
- Daoudi MF. A laboratory investigation of the accuracy of two impression techniques for single-tooth implants. Int J Prosthodont 2001; 14 (2): 152-8.
- Fenske C. The influence of five impression techniques on the dimensional accuracy of master models. Braz Dent J 2000; 11 (1): 1927.
- Larson TD. The accuracy of dual-arch impressions: a pilot study. J Prosthet Dent 2002; 87 (6): 625-7.
- De Araujo PA, Jorgensen KD. Effect of material bulk and undercuts on the accuracy of impression materials. J Prosthet Dent
- ; 54 (6): 791-4.
- Eames WB. Elastomeric impression materials: effect of bulk on accuracy. J Prosthet Dent 1979; 41 (3): 304-7.
- Wee AG. Accuracy of 3 conceptually different die systems used for implant casts. J Prosthet Dent 2002; 87 (1): 23-9.
- Bloem TJ. Determination of the accuracy of three die systems. J Prosthet Dent 1991; 65: 758-62.
- Rusfian, Sumadhi S, Muldiat, Eviyati, Lasminda Sy, Chadijah S. Pengukuran perobahan dimensi pada model dental stone
- disebabkan oleh perobahan temperatur dan W/P ratio. Kumpulan Makalah Ilmiah Peringatan HUT ke 25 FKG-USU; 1986.
- Masri R. Pressure generated on a simulated oral analog by impression materials in custom trays of different design. J Prosthodont 2002; 11(3): 155-60.
How to Cite
Sastrodihardjo, S. (2008). Perobahan dimensi hasil cetakan alginat berbentuk balok. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 7(1), 63–69. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v7i1.195