Penggunaan sedasi inhalasi N 2 O-O 2 pada penatalaksanaan marsupialisasi ranula rongga mulut anak anxiety patient
Inhalation sedation becomes the main choice in the dental treatment of children whoovercome have any kind of the fearness, concerned with pain in the treatment of theirteeth. Inhalation sedation with N2O-Ocauses sedation situation that accompanies byanalgesia to the conscious patients by inhaling the mixture of oxide nitrogen (N2O)with oxygen (O), that was known as psychosedation or concious sedation technique.Ranula is a mucocel that developed at the base of the mouth, unilateral, bluish, andthe shape like frog stomach. On this paper, will be esplained about N2O-O2inhalationsedation technique that concider the condition for the patient, using short time andcan be recovered immediately. A 9 year old girl diagnosed by ranula sublingualis onthe cavity of the mouth was very anxiety and fear in this treatment. The ranula treatedwith marsupialitation and was supervised by inhalation sedation of N2O-O2 in theSpecial Dental Care Hasan Sadikin Hospital Bandung. The result showed thatinhalation sedation with N2O-O2 was very very useful to reduce anxiety and fear tocertain patients with minimal side-effect. So it was very important to a dentist to knowthe selection of the patient, equipment and the technique of inhalation sedationadequately
- Cameron A, Richard P. Handbook of pediatric dentistry, 2nd
- Ed. Philadelphia: Mosby; 2003.p.389.
- Clark M, Brunick A. Handbook of nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation. Philadelphia: Mosby; 1999 p.147-150
- Becker DP. Management of pain and anxiety in the dental office. Toronto: WB Saunders; 2002. p. 136-9.
- Hawk W, Crockett RK, Ochsensschlager DW, Klein BL. Conscious sedation of pediatric patient for suturing: a survey. In: Pediatric emergency care. 6th Ed. ;1990. p. 84-8.
- Malamed SF. Sedation: A guide to patient management, 4th Ed. Philadelphia: Mosby; 2003. p. 102-3.
- Malamed SF. Sedation: A guide to patient management, 2nd Ed. Philadelphia: Mosby; 1989. p. 176.
- Koch G, Poulsen S. Pediatric dentistry: A clinical approach. Munksgaard; 2001. p. 1645.
- Murray JJ. General anaesthesia and childrenâ€™s dental health: present trends and future needs. Harun Achmad: Penggunaan sedasi inhalasi N In: Anaesthesia and pain control in dentistry; 1993. p. 209-16.
- Pinkham. Pediatric dentistry infancy through adolescence, 3rd Ed. Toronto: WB. Saunders; 1999. p.100-1.
- Greenberg MS, Glick M. Burketâ€™s oral medicine: Diagnosis and treatment. 10 Ed.
- Philadelphia: BC Decker Inc.; 2003. th2O-O2 87
- Langdon JD. Salivary gland disease. In: Pedlar J, Frame JW. Oral and maxillofacial surgery: An objective-based textbook. London: Churchill Livingstone; 2001.
- Shear M. Cyst of the oral region. 3 Ed. London: Wright Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd.; 1992.
- Welbury R. Paediatric dentistry, 2 Ed. Oxford; 2001. p.125-30.
How to Cite
Achmad, H., Safitri, D., & Gunawan, K. L. (2008). Penggunaan sedasi inhalasi N 2 O-O 2 pada penatalaksanaan marsupialisasi ranula rongga mulut anak anxiety patient. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 7(2), 78–86. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v7i2.197