Penanganan delayed eruption karena impaksi gigi insisivus sentralis kiri dengan surgical exposure pada anak
Delayed eruption is one of dental eruption deviation characterized by delay of dentaleruption. Delayed eruption can be caused by local factor such as impacted tooth. Thiscan be managed surgically and then orthodontically brought into the dental arch. Aneleven years old girl came to the dental clinic specialist of FKG-UNPAD Bandung,with the chief complaint of having non-erupted upper left permanent central incisor,without retention of 61. Other 3 upper incisor, 11, 22, 12 have erupted normally.Panoramic examination showed impacted 11 in the alveolar bone with complete apexformation. Following the cephalometric and model analysis, the fixed orthodonticappliances were placed, followed by surgical exposure to open the impacted area thenplaced an orthodontic bracket with an attached chain to apply orthodontic forces onthe tooth to aid its movement into the line of occlusion. After 6 months treatment,patientâ€™s esthetics and masticatory function were obtain, marked by normal position of21 in the arch.
- Koch G. Pediatric dentistry a clinical approach. Copenhagen: Munksgaard; 2001. p.325.
- Rakosi T. Color atlas of dental medicine: orthodontic diagnosis. New York: Thieme Medical Publisher Inc.; 1993. p. 57-85.
- Blinkhorn AS. Practical treatment planning for the paedodontics patient. Chicago: Quintessence Publishing Co. Inc.; 1992. p. 1722.
- Douglas DE. J Dent Child 1989;
- Proffit WR. Contemporary orthodontics. Missouri: Mosby International Inc.; 2000. p. 233, 538-42.
- Bi shar a SE. Text book of or t hodont i cs .Philadelphia: WB. Saunders Company; 2001. p. 546-57.
- Nanda R. Biomechanics in clinical orthodontics. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company; 1997. p. 99-101.
- Welbury RR. Paediatric dentistry. New York: Oxford University Press; 2000. p. 294, 324-5.
- Cameron A, Widmer R. Handbook of pediatric dentistry. Philadelphia: Mosby International Limited; 1998. p. 227.
- Pinkham JR. Pediatric dentistry. 4 ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co; 2005. p.616-9.
- Bijoor R, Kavita K. Contemporer space maintenance for the pediatric patient. New York State Dent J 2005; 71-8.
How to Cite
Achmad, H. (2009). Penanganan delayed eruption karena impaksi gigi insisivus sentralis kiri dengan surgical exposure pada anak. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 8(1), 48–54. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v8i1.212