Kista odontogenik di Rumah Sakit Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo Makassar
A retrospective study has been performed for odontogenic cyst at Ear, Nose andThroat-Head and Neck Department, Faculty of Medicine, Hasanuddin University, Dr.Wahidin Sudirohusodo Hospital during period of 1999-2008. Eighteen cases ofodontogenic cysts were found in age interval of 5-40 year and dentigerous cyst wasfound in young age of 5 and 8. Predominantly affected female than male with ratio2.6:1 shown in 16 cases of dentigerous cyst found in female than 2 cases in male and,mostly found in maxilla 16 cases (88.8%) than mandible 2 cases. The most commonclinical features are alveolar bone swelling, pingpong ball phenomena slowlyenlarged without pain. Radiographic appearance of dentigerous cyst revealedradiolucency shadow with radioopaq mass inside the capsula associated withunerupted tooth in 16 cases (88.8%), while the radicular cyst showed radiolucencyaround the periapical area nonvital tooth without radioopaq appearance inside thecapsula in 2 cases (11,2 %). CT scan examination revealed formation of dentigerousand radicular cyst as similar. The managements of odontogenic cysts wereenucleation of the cyst in 17 cases and marsupialisation in 1 case, with good result.
- Liston SL. Kista rahang dan dasar mulut dalam embriologi, anatomi dan fisiologi rongga mulut, faring, esofagus dan leher: Buku Ajar Penyakit THT. Edisi ke-6. Jakarta: Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC;2000.p.26382.
- Dunlap C. Cysts of the jaws. Kansas: School of Dentistry University of Missouri; 2000. p.1-8.
- Ko KSC, Dover DG, Jordan RCK. Bilateral dentigerous cystc - report of an unusual case and review of the literature. Canadian Dental association, available at http:/www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/opfs/OC/01tn.ht ml was accessed on May 12th, 2007. J Can Dent Assoc.
- Cheesnan A, Jani P. Cyst, granuloma and tumors of the jaws, nose and sinuses. In: Laryngology and head and neck surgery. Hibbert J (editor). London: Reed Educational and Professional Publishing Ltd; 1997. p. 5/23/1-7.
- Dierks EJ, Berystein ML. Odontogenic cysts, tumours and related jaws lesions. In: Head and neck surgery â€“ otolaryngology, volume 2.
- Bailey BL (editor). 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott â€“ Raven Publisher; 1998. p. 154158.
- Nevile BW, Damm DD. Odontogenic cysts and tumors. In: Oral & maxillofacial pathology, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company; 1995. p. 589-93.
- Smith RA. Spesific atypes of jaw cyst in jaw cysts. In: A Lange Medical Book: Current diagnostic and treatment in otolaryngologyhead and neck surgery. Lalwani AK, editor. Boston: Mc. Grew Hill Companies; 2004. p.390-403.
- Larsen PE, Hegvedt AK. Odontogenesis and odontogenic cyst and tumors in otolaryngology - head and neck surgery, 2ed. New York; 1999. P.1414-32.
- Isser DK, Dos S. Dentigerous cyst in a young boy. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2002; 54 (1): 1-2.
- Murad AH. Dentigerous cyst. Available at http://www.priory.com. Accessed on June 11th, 2007.
How to Cite
Kuhuwael, F. G., Pieter, N., & Nasrul, N. (2016). Kista odontogenik di Rumah Sakit Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo Makassar. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 8(2), 80–87`. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v8i2.217