Stomatitis aftosa rekuren oleh karena anemia
Recurrent aphthous stomatitis (RAS) is the common lesion in oral cavity. The etiologyof RAS remains unclear. The trigger factors are genetic, traumatic, abnormalimmunology, digestive diseases, hormonal disturbance, HIV, stress, infection andnutrition deficiency. This is a case report of a patient with minor, multiple, pain, whitecolor ulcer with erythema halo on lips palatum and tongue mucous. One day beforethe ulcers erupted, prodromal symptoms had occurred such as subfebris, malaise, anddizziness. The patient was 19-year-old, male, undergraduate student and with historyof ulceration every month. The clinical diagnosis was primary herpeticgingivostomatitis. The differential diagnosis was RAS. The complete blood count(CBC) result indicated that the patient suffered anemia. He was provided withbenzydamin HCl gargle and oral supplement contain ferrous, vitamins, and minerals.It can be concluded that anemia can be a trigger factor of RAS. Therefore, it isimportant for the dentist to know the clinical signs and manifestations of anemia inoral cavity in order to provide an appropriate treatment.
- Laskaris G. Treatment of oral disease : A concise textbook. Thieme; 2005. p. 15-7.
- Field A, Longman L. Tyldesleyâ€™s oral medicine, 5th Ed. Oxford; 2004. p. 154-6.
- Cawson RA, Odell EW. Cawsonâ€™s essentials of oral pathology and oral medicine, 7 Ed. Churchill Livingstone; 2002. p. 294-5.
- Wray D, Lowe D, Felix, Scully. Textbook of general and oral medicine. Churchill Livingstone; 2001. p. 225-32.
- Greenberg G. Burketâ€™s oral medicine diagnosis and treatment, 10th
- Ed. BC Decker Inc; 2003. p. 430-2.
- Moreno, Villalpando, Shamah. Anemia. National Public Health Institute, Autonomous University of Yucatan. Mexico: Elsevier Inc; 2008. p. 174-83.
- Ciesla B. Hematology in practice. Philadelphia: FA Davis Company; 2007. p.66-70.
- Neville D, Allen B. Oral and maxillofacial pathology,2nd Ed. WB.Saunders;2002.p.285-6.
- Kus Harijanti, Mintarsih. Candidosis on oral lichenplanus. Dent J (Majalah Kedokteran Gigi)2006; 39 April-June: 80-4.th
- Griffth III, Hoelein, Feddock H. First exposure internal medicine: hospital medicine, Mc Graw-Hill Companies, Inc, 2007 ; p. 3735
- Hong-Cheng Wu, Shin-Yu Lu. Initial diagnosis of anemia from sore mouth and improved classification of anemia by MCV
- and RDW in 30 patients. Director of Oral Medicine and Oral Diagnosis, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital. Kaohsiung Medical Center, Taiwan: Elsevier Inc, 2004; p. 679-84
- Habbermann G. Mayo clinic internal medicine concise textbook. Mayo Clinic Scientific Press; 2008. p. 347-8
- Silverman, Eversole, Truelove. Essentials of oral medicine. BC Decker Inc; 2001. p. 67-70
- Beard JL. Iron biology in immune function, muscle metabolism and neuronal functioning.
- american society for nutritional sciences, Pennsylvania: State University; 2001. p. 4-5.
- Hunt JR. Iron, USDA-ARS grand forks human nutrition research center, Grand Forks: Elsevier Ltd; 2005. p. 82-9.
How to Cite
Apriasari, M. L., & Tuti, H. (2010). Stomatitis aftosa rekuren oleh karena anemia. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 9(1), 39–46. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v9i1.231