Mouth preparation pasien hemangioma bibir pada anak sebelum tindakan radioterapi
Hemangioma is a vascular benign tumor frequently found in childhood and about30% manifests itself in head and neck areas. This lesion is frequently found in lip,tongue and buccal mucosal areas. Its etiology is conjectured to be related to theproliferation of abnormalities of endothelium cells. According to its type, hemangiomais divided into capillary, cavernous, and mixed hemangioma. Surgery is indicated incases that cause complications. A case of hemangioma was reported in the lower lipof an eight-year-old girl. The patient accompanied by her parents visited the SpecialDental Care Clinic, Department of Oral Surgery, Hasan Sadikin Hospital, Bandung,with the complaint of having reddish bruises on the lower lip, which impeded thespeaking and masticating function. Before radiotherapy was performed at theRadiology Polyclinic, mouth preparation was provided for all his teeth first, for thepurpose of improving oral hygiene and preventing focal infection present in theintraoral condition.
- Mulliken JB. Cutaneus vascular anomalis. In: McCarthy JG (editor). Plastic surgery, vol.5.Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company; 1990. p. 3191-273.
- Lin RL. Arterial vascular malformation including hemangiomas and lymphangiomas. Available at http/www.eMedicine.com. Accessed on May 19, 2004.
- Wilk R. Oral hemangiomas. Available at http/www.eMedicine.com. Accessed on February 26, 2003.
- Neville BW, Damm DD, Allen CM, Bouquet JE. 1995. Oral and maxillofacial pathology. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company; 1995.
- p. 390-2.
- Regesi JA, Sciubba JJ. Oral pathology: clinical pathology correlations. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company; 1999. p. 122-8.
- Yuwono HS. Hemangioma, sebuah pengantar dalam penatalaksanaan. J Persatuan Ahli Bedah Mulut Indonesia 2004; 8: 217-20.
- Kuwahara RT. Cryotherapy. Available at http/www.eMedicine.com. Accessed on January 6; 2003.
- Blei F, Chianeese J. Corticosteroid toxicity in infants treated for endangering hemangiomas: experience and guidelines for monitoring. J Int Pediatr 1999; 14 (3): 146-53.
How to Cite
Rieuwpassa, I. E., & Achmad, H. (2010). Mouth preparation pasien hemangioma bibir pada anak sebelum tindakan radioterapi. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 9(2), 86–91. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v9i2.237