Sitotoksisitas pemutih gigi berdasarkan konsentrasi bahan
The aim of this study was to evaluate the cytotoxicity of several tooth whitening material,carbamide peroxide 10%, 15%, 20% and hydrogen peroxide 38% toward BHK-21 cellusing MTT assay. Each well of microplates which used for the test were aliquotted BHK21cell suspension, after that the test solution were added to eight well each group,respectively. The result showed that percentages of the living cell at 10% carbamideperoxide group = 86,73%; 15% = 81,22%; 20% = 81,82%; 38% hidrogen peroksida =64,08%, respectively. Anova test and LSD showed no significant difference between 10%,15%, 20% groups, but there are significant toward 38% group and control. The 38%hydrogen peroxide group is expectable to be more cytotoxic than those containing 10%carbamide peroxide, which is equivalent to 3.6% hidrogen peroxide. Conclusion.The10%, 15%, 20 % carbamide peroxide and 38% hydrogen peroxide tooth whiteningagents were not cytotoxic toward BHK-21 cell line using MTT assay within CD
- American Dental Association (ADA). ADA statement on the safety and effectiveness of tooth whitening products. Updated February 2005. Available from http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/positions/statements/whiten2.asp. Accessed 17 June 2005.
- Scientific Committee on Consumer Products (SCCP). Opinion on hydrogen peroxide in tooth whitening products. European commission. Health & consumer protection directorate-general. Adopted by the SCCP
- during the 3rd Plenary Meeting of 15 March2005. p. 29, 35.
- Oâ€™Brien WJ. Dental materials and their selection. 3rd Ed. Chicago: Quintessence Publ Co.; 2002. p.162-3.
- Hatrick CD, Eakle WS, Bird WF. Dental materials: Clinical applications for dental assistants and dental hygienists. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2003. p. 101-6.
- Matis BA. The question-at-home or in-office bleaching: evidence based concepts to empower dental professionals 2004. Available
- from http://email@example.com. Accessed 27 August 2004. 6. Fazwishni S, Hadijono BS. Uji sitotoksisitas dengan esei MTT. Jurnal Kedokteran Gigi Universitas Indonesia 2000; 7: 28-32.
- Li Y, Zhang W, Ponraj E. Evaluation of cytotoxicity of britesmile light-activated whitening gel using MTT tetrazolium assay 2000. Available from http://britesmile.lv/docs/white_gel_2_cytotoxity.pdf. Accessed 6 Oct 2006.
- Lazo Lab. MTT Assay 2006. Available from http://www.pitt.edu/~lazo/MTT.html. Accessed 10 Feb 2006
- Park JB. Chapter 1 MTT Assay. Available from http://www.pl.barc.usda.gov/ chapters/chapter1.cfm. Accessed 27 September 2006.
- Titien HA. 2002. Pengaruh tegangan listrik dan lama penyinaran pada semen ionomeri gelas modifikasi resin terhadap kekerasan
- permukaan dan sitotoksis [thesis]. Surabaya:Pascasarjana Universitas Airlangga;2002.
- Anusavice KJ. Phillipsâ€™ Science of Dental Materials. 11th ed. Philadelphia. WB Saunders Co.; 2003. p. 9-17.
- Freshney RI. Culture of animal cells. A manual of basic technique, 2nd ed, New York. AlanR Liss Inc.; 1987. p. 9, 71, 128, 239.
- Rubianto M. 1998. Biokompatibilitas bahan allograft (human bone powder) dibandingkan dengan bahan alloplast (hydroxylapatite). Kumpulan naskah Temu Ilmiah Nasional I (TIMNAS I) FKG UNAIR; 1998. h. 507-9. 14. Kasugai S, Hasegawa N, Ogura H.
- Application of the MTT colorimetric assay to measure cytotxic effect of phenolic compound on established rat pulp cells. J Dent Res 1991;
- : 127-30.15. Craig RG, Powers JM. Restorative dental materials. 6th Ed. London: Mosby Co.; 2002. p. 135-40.
- Li Y. Biological properties of peroxidecontaining tooth whiteners. Food Chem Toxicol 1996; 34: 887-904.
- Haywood VB, Heymann HO. Nightguard vital bleaching. Quintessence Int 1989; 20: 173-6. 18. Anonymous. Opalescence PF teeth whitening system 10%, 15%, 20%, 35%. Copyright 2008-2010.Available from http://www.whiteteethsolution/opalesence-whiteteeth.html. Accessed 10 January 2006.
- Tietz, Vieregge, Vober, Wehrman, Welter,Wood, dkk. Esthetic options: tooth bleaching.2005. Available from http://www1.umn.edu/dental/courses/dent_6806fall02/paper9/paper9html.Accessed 14 August 2005.
- Telli C, Serper A, Dogan AL, Guc D.Evaluation of the cytotoxicity of calcium phosphate root canal sealers by MTT assay. J Endodon 1999; 25: 811-3.
- Hanks CT, Fat JC, Wataha JC, Corcoran JF. Cytotoxicity and dentin permeability of carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide
- vital bleaching materials, in vitro. J Dent Res 1993; 72: 931-8.
How to Cite
Adam, M. A., & Meizarini, A. (2010). Sitotoksisitas pemutih gigi berdasarkan konsentrasi bahan. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 9(2), 116–112. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v9i2.241