Perawatan maloklusi Klas III pada usia tumbuh kembang
Various controversies arise on the appropriate treatment time to treat class IIImalocclusion at the development age. One reason for delay is that the treatment willmake the treatment period longer. Nevertheless, there are other reasons that believethe class III malocclusion must be treated as soon as possible. Accuracy ofexamination is required to obtain the proper diagnosis to determine treatmentoptions. Clinical conditions found in the class III malocclusion can be underdevelopedof maxillae, overdeveloped the mandible, or combination of both. Treatment of classIII malocclusion at the growing age may prevent further severity. A case report of 11yearold boy with class III malocclusion. He is treated with fixed orthodontics toremove obstruction on the maxillae growth. Many treated progression are obtained,although it is still continuing to be continued to maintain the treatmentstabilization. Initial treatment for the class III Malocclusion at the growing age canprevent further severity.
- Bhalajhi. Orthodontics the art and science. 3 ed. New Delhi: Arya Med Pub; 2006. p.711,211-70,407-14,423-32.
- Rabie ABM, Gu Y. Diagnostic criteria for pseudo-class III malocclusion. Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop 2000;117:1-9.
- Nisula KK, Lehto R, Lusa V, Nisula KL, Varrela J. Occurrence of malokcclusion and need of orthodontic treatment in early mixed dentition. Am J Orthod Dentofac Orthop 2003;124: 631-8.
- Gu Y. Prediction of treatment outcome following correction of anterior crossbite in the mixed dentition: orthodontic versus orthopaedic methods. Aust Orthod J 2005;21:25-30.
- Singh G. Textbook of Orthodontics. New Delhi:Jaypee Brothers 2004: 499-533
- Patti A, Dâ€™Arc GP. Clinical Succsess in earlyOrthodontic Treatment. 2nd ed. Paris: Quintessence International. 2005:7-22; 54-76
- Jones ML, Oliver RG. W & H Orthodontic notes. 6th Ed. Oxford: Wright; 2000. p.116,49-63,115-22.
- Subtelny JD. Early orthodonic treatment. Illionis: Quintessence Pub. Co. Inc; 2000.p.155-7.
- Bishara SE. Textbook of orthodontics. Philadelphia:WB Saunders Co;2001.p.375-415
- Rakosi T, Jonas I, Graber TM. Color atlas of dental medicine. New York: Thieme Med Pub;1993. p.45-9;123-35.
How to Cite
Ismah, N. (2010). Perawatan maloklusi Klas III pada usia tumbuh kembang. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 9(2), 130–137. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v9i2.243