Pengaruh bone graft dan splitting osteotomy terhadap perkembangan akar gigi molar ketiga immature yang ditransplantasi The effect of bone graft and splitting osteotomy on development of the root of transplanted immature third molar
One of the basic requirements for succesfull transplantation is an adequate size of recipient site with sufficientalveolar support. If the transplantation is performed into a fresh extraction site, the recipient site can easily beadjusted to the transplantation. However, the situation is different in patient with premolar aplasia or early molarloss with marked atrophy of the alveolar process, need additional surgical procedures like bone autograft orsplitting osteotomy of the alveolar process. This paper discussed the effect of bone autograft and splitting osteotomyon root development of transplanted immature third molars. The conclusion is these additional surgical prosedureshad a negative effect on the pulpal and periodontal condition of transplantated immature third molars. This may berelated to revascularization disturbances of pulp due to nutrient insufficiency of the recipient site.
- Bauss O, Zonios I, Engelke W. Effect of additional surgical prosedures on root development of transplanted immature third molar. Int J Oral
- Maxillofac Surg 2008; 37: 730-5.
- Bauss O, Engelke W, Fenske C, Schilke R, Schwestka-Polly R. Autotransplantation of immature third molars into edentulous and atrophied jaw sections. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2004; 33: 558â€“63.
- Morfologi gigi desidui dan gigi permanen. [online] 2009 [cited 2009 December 19]. Available from URL:http://usupress.usu.ac.id/files/morfologigigidecidui&permanen_finl_normal_awal.pdf
- Mathew BP, Hegde MN. Management of non vital immature teeth. Endodontology. [online] 2009 [cited 2009 December 19]. Available rom URL: http://medind.nic.in/eaa/t06/i1/eaat06i1p18.pdf.
- Andreasen JO, Paulsen HU, Yu Z, Bayer T. A longterm study of 370 autotransplanted premolars. Part IV.Root development subsequent to transplantation. Eur J Orthod 1990: 12: 38â€“50.
- Mansjoer A, Triyanti K, Savitri R, Wardhani WI, Setiowulan W. Kapita selekta kedokteran. Edisi ketiga. Jakarta: Media Aesculapius; 2000.
- Sunil CK, Mohan B, Lakshminrayanan L. Autogenous tooth transplantation-two clinical case. Endodontol 2001; 13:51-6.
- Tanne K. Tooth transplantation: the current status and the future development with a cryopreservation technique for teeth banking.The Medical Equipment Seminar between Switzerland and Japan; 2006 Nov
- ; Zurich, Switzerland. Medical and Social Cooperating Center Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Hiroshima University; 2006. p.3-4.
- Dorlandâ€™s illustrated medical dictionary. 29 ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 2002. Tooth t; p.2275.
- Mendes RA, Rocha G. Mandibular third molar autotransplantation-literature review with clinical case. J Can Dent Assoc 2004; 70(11):761-6.th 11 12
- Thomas S, Turner SR, Sandy JR. Autotransplantation of teeth: is there a role? Br J Orthod 1998; 25:275-82.
- Nethander G, Skoglund A, Kahnberg KE. Eksperimental autogenous tooth transplantation in the dog: a comparison between one- and two-stage surgical techniques. Acta Odontol Scand 2003;61:223-9.
- Kvinta S, Lindstenb R, Magnussonc A, Nilssond P, Bjerkline K. Auto transplantation of teeth in 215 patients, a follow up study. Angle orthod 2010;80:446-50.
- Hernandez SL, Carnero RC. Autogenic tooth transplantation: a report of ten cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 1986; 46: 1051-5.
- Fragiskos FD. Oral surgery. NewYork: SpringerVerlag Berlin Heidelberg;2007.p.70.
- Miloro M, Ghali GE, Larsen PE, Waite PD. Petersonâ€™s principal of oral and maxillofacial surgery. 2nd ed. Toronto: BC Decker Inc; 2004.p.165.
- Lilja Jan. Alveolar bone grafting. Indian J Plast Surg 2009; 42:110-5.
- Siers ML, Willemsen WL, Gulabivala K. Monitoring pulp vitality after transplantation of teeth with mature roots, Introductionâ€“case report. [online] 2010 [cited 2010 January 29]. Available from URL: http://endodonticsjournal.com/articles/35/1/Monitoringpulpvitalityafte-transplantationof-teeth-with-mature-roots/Page1.html.
How to Cite
Drismayanti, I., T, S., Mappangara, S., & Ruslin, M. (2011). Pengaruh bone graft dan splitting osteotomy terhadap perkembangan akar gigi molar ketiga immature yang ditransplantasi The effect of bone graft and splitting osteotomy on development of the root of transplanted immature third molar. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(1), 6–12. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i1.245