Bagian Biomedis Fakultas Kedokteran Gigi, Universitas Jember Jember, Indonesia
Neem is one of the traditional medicine known by society as immunomodulator. On the other hand, 80% of oralinfection diseases is caused by C. albicans. This research is aimed to explain the phagocytosis activities on wistarrats which were inoculated with C. albicans and fed with neem leaves. There are 5 groups, namely control group(KO)with no treatment, the other treatment groups were classified into 4 groups. First group (KP1)was inoculatedwith C. albicans only. KP2 was fed with 50 mg/day/kg BW aqueous extracts from neem leaves, then inoculated withC. albicans start from day 8-21. KP3 was fed with 100 mg/day/kg BW aqueous extract from neem leaves, theninoculated with C. albicans start from day 8-21. KP4 was fed with 200 mg/day/kg BW aqueous extract from neemleaves, then inoculated with C. albicans start from day 8-21. On day 22, the tongue was swabbed for each group,then cut for immunohistochemistry preparation. The study that there was significant difference showed that therewere different results computed using anova, HSD test, and linier regression. The conclusion was neem leavesincreased the phagocytosis activity of wistar rats, inoculated with C.albicans.
- Ganguli SJ. Neem: A therapeutic for all seasons. Current Sci 2002; 23: 82-11.
- Goel RK, Sairam K. Anti ulcer drugs from indigenous source with emphasis on musa sapientum, tamrabhasma, asparagus racemous and zingiber officinale. Indian J Pharmacol 2002; 34:100-10.
- Upadhayay D, Garg S, Talwar GP. Immunomodulation effects of neem Azadirachta indica)oil. Int J Immunopharmacol 1992; 14(7):1187-93.
- SaiRam K, Sharma SK, Havazhagan G, Kumar D, Selavamurthy W. Immunomodulatory effect of NIM-76, a volatile fraction from neem oil.J
- Ethnopharmacol 1997; 55(2): 133-9.
- Sastrodihardjo S. Evaluasi daya insektisida dari ekstrak daun mimba (Azadirachta indica A. juss). Seminar Hasil Penelitian Pangan dan
- Gizi, Ilmu Hayati, 1988. 17 PAU: Jakarta. Hlm: 18.
- Sadekar D, Kolte AY, Barnase BS, Desai VF. Immunopotentiating effects of Azadirachta indica (Neem) dry leaves powder in broilers, naturally infected with IBD virus. Indian J Exp Biol 1998;36(11): 1151-3.
- Lehner T. Immunologi of oral disease. In: Imunologi pada penyakit mulut. Ed. 3. Alih bahasa: Farida R, Suryadhana NG. Jakarta: Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC. 1992. Hlm: 112-5.
- Roeder A, Carsen J, KirChing, Rudolf A, Rupec, Martin S, Gunther W, Hans CK. December toll-like receptors as key mediators in innate antifungal immunity. J Ethnopharmacol 2004; 107:485-98.
- Dewanti R. Daya hambat pertumbuhan C. albicans oleh perasan daun mimba (Azadirachta Indica juss). Maj Ked Gigi (Dent J), Edisi khusus
- Temu Ilmiah Nasional III 6-9 Agustus 2003; Hlm.342-4.
- Diamond RD, Caron A, Lyman DR, Wysong. Disparate effects of interferon-Î³ and tumor necrosis factor-Î± on early neutrophil respiratory burst and fungicidal responses to Candida albicans hyphae in vitro. J Clin Invest 1991; 87: 711-20.
- Newman SL, Angela H. Candida albicans is phagocytosed, killed, and processed for antigen presentation by human dendritic cells. Infect Immunity 2001; 69 (11): 6813-22.
- Ulmann BD, Hadley M, Wiriya C, Anna LL, Qiang Z, Luis AV. Inducible defense mechanism against nitric oxide in Candida albicans. Eukaryotic Cell 2004; 3 (3): 715-23.
- Ray B, Banerjee BD, Sen PJ. Modulation of humoral and cell-mediated immune responses by Azadirachta indica (Neem) in mice. Indian J Exp Biol 1996; 34 (7): 698-701.
- Tada H, Eiji N, Hidetoshi S, Tshihiko W, Takeshi M, Tatsuji M, dkk. Sachoromyces cerevisiae and Candida albicans derived Mannan Induced
- production of tumor necrosis factor alpha by human monocytes in a CD14 and Toll-Like Receptor 4 IDA Ratna Dewanti: Aktivitas fagositosis pada tikus wistar yang diinokulasi C. albicans dependent Manner. Mycrobiol Immunol 2002; 46(7): 503-12.
- Wang JE, Warris A, Ellingsen EA, Fio T, Espevick T, Solberg S, Verwe PE. Involvement of CD14 and Toll-Like receptors in activation of human
- monocyte. Mycrobiology and Immunology,2001.Vol. 69: No. 4: 2402-6.
- Outburg S, Joke S, Janneke EH, Jolande AL, Johan SF, Polein P, dkk. J Translational Medicine. BMC Infectious Dis 2005; 114 (5): 1471-86.
How to Cite
Dewanti, I. D. A. R. (2011). Bagian Biomedis Fakultas Kedokteran Gigi, Universitas Jember Jember, Indonesia. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(1), 26–31. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i1.248