Penatalaksanaan ludwigâ€™s angina pada anak Management of ludwigâ€™s angina at child
Ludwigâ€™s angina is an acute progressive cellulitis that involves the submental and submandibular spaces, bilateralsublingual space, which is caused by the Streptococci bacteria. Characteristics of this disease are swelling of thebilateral soft tissue submandibular, submental region and floor of the mouth, and elevation of the tongue. Earlydiagnosis and management of infection in children is important because a child has tendency for a progressiveworsening and lead to systemic infection. Infections involving the facial regions in children are rare cases wherebyonly one case is found in the last two years at the oral surgery department. This report shows a case of a seven-yearold girl with Ludwigâ€™s angina that came to the emergency division of the oral surgery department with a chiefcomplaint of swelling at the chin and both cheeks. The complaint was first known as caries at 36, 74, and 75.Treatment includes antibiotic administration, incision and drainage, and extraction of the causative tooth. Patientwas hospitalized and returned home when was in good condition.
- Golberg MH, Topazian RG. Odontogenic infections and deep fascial space infections of dental origin. Dalam: Topazian RG, Golberg MH, James RH, editor. Oral and Maxillofacial infections. Edisi ke-4. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company; 2002. p.17780.
- Peterson LJ. Principle of management and prevention of odontogenic infections. Dalam: Peterson LJ, Ellis E, Hupp JR, Tucker MR, editor. Contemporary oral and maxillofacial surgery. Edisi ke-4. St. Louis: Mosby company; 2003. h. 344-56,371-2.
- Srirompotong S, Art ST. Ludwig's angina: a clinical review. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2003; 260(7):401-3.
- Smyth AG. Management of orofacial infections. Dalam: Booth PW, Schendel SA, Hausamen JE, editor. Maxillofacial surgery. Edisi ke-2. St. Louis: Churchill Livingstone; 2007. p.1559-60.
- Dodson TB, Kaban LB. Infections of the maxillofacial region. In: Kaban LB, Troulis MJ, editor. Pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Philadelphia:W.B. Saunders Company; p.71-85.
- Purwanto, Basoeseno. Buku ajar praktis bedah mulut. Jakarta: EGC; 1999. h.191-221.
- Harrison W, Allison ON, Michael JC. Ludwig's angina in the pediatric population. Clin Pediatr 2009;48 (6):583-7
- Wray D. Pyogenic dental infection and its spread. In: Wray D, Stenhouse D, Lee D, Clark JE, editor. Textbook of general and oral surgery. Philadelphia:Churchil Livingstone; 2003. p.263.
How to Cite
Hermanto, E., Yuza, A. T., & Yuwono, H. S. (2011). Penatalaksanaan ludwigâ€™s angina pada anak Management of ludwigâ€™s angina at child. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(1), 19–22. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i1.255