The harbor of microorganism on used toothbrushes Kandungan organisme mikro pada sikat gigi yang telah digunakan
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the microorganisms found on used toothbrushes. In this study 25toothbrushes were investigated, 10 toothbrushes were used less than 3 months, 10 toothbrushes have been used for3-6 months, and 5 toothbrushes have been used for more than 6 months. Some gram-positive coccus, such asStaphylococcus, Streptococcus and Diplococcus. The results showed there were microbial harbored of usedtoothbrushes. Toothbrushes that have been used for 6 months were harbored more microorganisms than thetoothbrushes that have been used less than 3 months and 3-6 months. It can be concluded that the longer using timeof toothbrush the more increase of microorganism amount found on toothbrush.
- Stoll FA. Dental health education. 5th Ed. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger; 2000. p. 31-5.
- McGuire. Tooth fitness your guide to heallthy teeth. Nevada: St. Michaels Press; 2001. p. 126-8.
- Das UM, Singhal P. Tooth brushing skills for the children aged 3-11 years. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2009; 27: 104-7.
- Wetzel WE, Schaumburg C. Microbial contamination of toothbrush with different principles of filament anchoring. J Am Dent Assoc 2005; 136 (6): 758-65.
- Szhicgoleit A, Kroeger T. Toothbrush care, cleaning and replacement. J Am Dent Assoc 2006; 137-8.
- Hagan PP, Sherill CA. Home oral hygiene for the child and adolescent. In: Donna SS, editor. Dentistry for the child and adolescent. 5th Ed. St. Louis Mosby Inc.; 2002. p. 264-7.
- Finegold SM, Rosenblatt JE. Oral anaerobic infections. In: Baird AT, editor. Scope monograph on anaerobic infectios. 3rd Ed. The Upjohn Co.;2003. p. 118-25.
- McDonald RE, Avery DR. Natural protective mechanism of the mouth.: Donna SS, editor. Dentistry for the child and adolescent. 5th Ed. St. Louis Mosby Inc,; 2002. p. 254-9.
- Munksgaard. Prevention of bacteria induced inflamatory periodontal diseases. In: Goran K, Sven P, editor. Pediatric dentistry. 5th Ed. Copenhagen;2001. p. 247-8.
- Bastian RJ. The cleaning efficiency of different toothbrushes in children. J Clin Periodontol 2003; 13: 837-40.
How to Cite
Asmawati, A. (2011). The harbor of microorganism on used toothbrushes Kandungan organisme mikro pada sikat gigi yang telah digunakan. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(2), 76–78. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i2.258