Optimalisasi penanganan kasus prostetik dengan perawatan ortodontik Optimalization of prosthetic case management with orthodontic treatment
Management of certain prosthetic cases can be established with optimal result when prior orthodontic treatment isundertaken, such as example cases of missing teeth with diastema or abnormal arch form. A 24-year-old femalepatient came with the complaint of diastema as a result of tooth loss and need a denture. After the examination, itwas found that the teeth were unarranged and the arch form was abnormal. Orthodontic treatment was firstlyundertaken to arrange the teeth, establish the space for denture and fix the arch form. The denture was made afterfinishing the orthodontic treatment.
- Arslan SG, Tacir IH, Kama JD. Orthodontic and prtosthetic rehabilitation of unilateral free-end edentulous space. Aus Dent J 2006; 51(4): 338.
- Hagg U, Corbet EF, Rabie AM. Adult orthodontic and its interface with other diciplines. HKMJ 1996; 2: 190.
- Ling PH. Improved protocol for temporary pontic: combined prosthodontic-orthodontic treatment. J Clin Dent Assoc 2007; 73(6): 487.
- Proffit WR, Fields HW, Sarver DM. Contemporary orthodontics. 4th Ed. New York: Mosby Inc; 2007: 167-9.
- Bishara SE. Textbook of orthodontics. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co; 2001: 232-9.
- Nanda. Biomechanics in clinical orthodontics. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co; 1997: 156-67.
How to Cite
Habar, E. H. (2011). Optimalisasi penanganan kasus prostetik dengan perawatan ortodontik Optimalization of prosthetic case management with orthodontic treatment. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(2), 86–88. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i2.260