Penilaian tingkat keberhasilan perawatan ortodontik dengan piranti lepasan berdasarkan indeks PAR Assessment of success rate of orthodontic treatment using removable appliance based on PAR index
The success of orthodontic treatment, particularly with removable orthodontic appliances not only relies on theexpertise of the clinician, but also highly depends on the patient's own. It is necessary to know the extent of thesuccess rate of an orthodontic treatment. Assessment of malocclusion severity and treatment outcome has become avery popular object of research conducted by the PAR index. This study aims to determine the success rate oforthodontic treatment with removable appliances based on PAR Index. The research was carried out on March-May2011 with samples of patients dental models who had completed orthodontic treatment in the year 2008-2011 at theDepartment of Ortodonsia RSGMP UNHAS. Sixty six pairs of dental models fulfilled the inclusion criteria and therules of PAR Index. Percentage change in PAR score obtained by 35% in the assessment with no weighted and 36%was assessment by weighted. This results showed the level of orthodontic treatment success include into thecategory of "no change", but with a trend into the category of "a change "with a significant value Ï = 0.000 (Ï <0.05). It was concluded that there was occlusion improvements in orthodontic treatment with removable appliance,although very low and therefore need evaluation and improvement of governance maintenance carried out.
- Dewi O. Hubungan maloklusi dengan kualitas hidup pada remaja di kota Medan. Dentika Dent J 2009; 14(2): 115-6.
- Proffit WR, Fields HW, Sarver DM. Contemporary orthodontics 4th Ed. Philadelphia: Mosby Year Book Inc.; 1999, p. 2.
- Isaacson KG, Muir JD, Reed RT. Removable orthodontic appliances. Oxford: Wright; 2002, p. 9.
- Jazaldi F, Anggani HS, Purbiati M. Susunan gigi geligi hasil perawatan ortodonti berdasarkan objective grading system-american board of orthodontics. M. I. Kedokteran Gigi 2006; 21(3):106.
- Sekundariadewi R, Hoesin F, Widayati R. Evaluasi perubahan susunan gigi geligi pasca retensi perawatan ortodonti menggunakan Indeks PAR. M.I. Kedokteran Gigi 2007; 22(4): 147.
- Budiman JA, Hayati R, Sutrisna B, Soemantri ES. Identifikasi bentuk lengkung gigi secara kuantitatif. Dentika Dent J 2009; 14(2): 120-1.
- Rahardjo P. Penentuan derajat keparahan maloklusi dengan menggunakan Occlusal Index dan PAR Index. J Dent 2000; 229: Available from: URL http://www/asic.lib.unair.ac.id/journals/abstrak/MKG 33 3 2000; Pambudi; Penentuan 2.pdf. Accesed 2010.
- Abtahi SM. Evaluation of the outcome of removable orthodontic treatment performed by dental undergraduate student. Dent J Health 2009;1(1): Available from http://www/ejo.oxfordjournals.org/content/19/3/279. full.pdf. Accessed 2010.
- Bernas AJ, Banting DW, Short LL. Effectiveness of phase I orthodontic treatment in an undergraduate teaching clinic. J Dent Educ 2007; 71(9): 1179-86.149 150
- Birkeland K, Furevik J, Boe OE, Wisth PJ. Evaluation of treatment and post-treatment changes by the PAR Index. Eur J Orthod 1997; 19:
- Available from: URL:http://www/djh.umsha.ac.ir/upfile/76665FinalofJournal6. pdf. Accesed 2010.
- Onyeaso CO, Utomi IL, Ibekwe TS. Emotional effect of malocclusion in Nigerian orthodontic. Contemp Dent Pract 2005; 6(1): 63.
- Richmond S, Shaw WC, Roberts T, Andrews M. The PAR index (peer assessment rating): methods to determine outcome of orthodontic treatment in terms of improvement and standards. Eur J Orthod 1992; 14: 180-7.
How to Cite
Irwansyah, M., & Erwansyah, E. (2011). Penilaian tingkat keberhasilan perawatan ortodontik dengan piranti lepasan berdasarkan indeks PAR Assessment of success rate of orthodontic treatment using removable appliance based on PAR index. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(3), 144–150. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i3.273