Bagian Konservasi Gigi Fakultas Kedokteran Gigi Universitas Padjajaran Bandung, Indonesia
One visit root canal treatment is one of the current treatment needs. Treatment includes cleansing, shaping, andobturation of the root canal sterilization is done in one visit. The purpose of one visit root canal treatment is toprevent the expansion of the pulp disease to the periapical tissues and restore normal periapical tissues. In thispaper, it is reported a woman, 28 year old, wanted to improve dental fillings of tooth 11 that have necrosis but haveno periapical lesions. Root canal treatment performed in one visit on tooth 11, which the result was satisfactory. Itcan be concluded that pulp necrosis without periapical lesions treated with one visit root canal treatment provedquite effective in seeing the results of clinical examination and radiographic post-treatment. However, it requiresknowledge, skills, adequate diagnosis and case selection, and employment of asepsis to the success of one visit rootcanal treatment.
- Cohen S, Hargreaves KM. Pathways of the pulp. 9Ed. St Louis: Mosby Co.; 2006. P. 611-9.
- Grossman LI, Oliet S, Del Rio CE. Endodonticpractice. 7th Ed. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger; 1998.
- Ingle Jl, Gooddacre CJ. Endodontics. 6Ed. Hamilton: BC Decker Inc.; 2008. p. 922-1011.
- Londhe SM, Garge BHG. Single visit root canal treatment. MJAFI 2007; 63.
- Torabinejad M, Walton R. Principles and practice of endodontics. 4th Ed. Philadelpia: W.B. Saunders; 2009. p. 154-61.
- Wahi MJ. Single visit endodontics. In: Garg N, Garg A. Textbook of endodontics. Ontario: Unipress Pub; 2008. Available at: www.endoweb.com/dentist/mjwsvel.htm
- Siqueira Jr JF, MagalhÃ es KM, RÃ´Ã§as IN. Bacterial reduction in infected root canals treated with 2.5% NaOCl as an irrigant and calcium hydroxide/camphorated paramonochiorophenol paste as anintracanal dressing. J Endod 2007; 33.
- Barros DS, Souza ADS, Machado MLBBL, Murgel CAF, Cardoso RJA. Endodontic treatment in a single and multiple sessions. RGO 2003; 51 (4): 329-34.
- Outcome of one-visit and two-visit endodontic treatment of necrotic teeth with apical periodontitis: a randomized controlled trial with one-year evaluation. J Endod 2008; 34.
How to Cite
Rachmawati, M., Fadil, M. R., Sukartini, E., & Armilia, M. (2011). Bagian Konservasi Gigi Fakultas Kedokteran Gigi Universitas Padjajaran Bandung, Indonesia. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(3), 175–178. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i3.280