Penatalaksanaan early childhood caries Management of early childhood caries
Early childhood caries (ECC), also known as milk bottle caries is a syndrome of severe tooth decay, occurs ininfants and children, is an infectious disease that develops rapidly and lead to health problems in children. Thissyndrome can be caused by inappropriate use of bottles. Most cases of untreated ECC to children aged 20 months.At this stage many children need serious treatment, because this will result in trauma to both the children andparents. The most common treatment ECC and other dental diseases have been included in each treatment ofdisease. Efforts to educate families about dental hygiene and practice start a diet, the high rate of recurrence of anyevidence of disease ranging from tooth decay to the failure of the treatment plan resulted in the need for specialattention to this disease. This paper is expected to be a good input for a dentist in the treatment of ECC
- Nilza M, Ribeiro E, Manoel A, Ribeiro S. Breastfeeding and early childhood caries: a critical rivew. J Pediatr 2004; 80(5): 2-7.
- Sutadi H. Penanggulangan karies rampan dan keluhannya pada anak. J Ked Gigi FKG Universitas Indonesia 2002: 9 (1): 5-8.
- Andlaw RJ, Rock WP. Perawatan gigi anak. 2Ed. Alih Bahasa: Djaya A. Jakarta: Widya Medika; 1992. p.43-51.
- Altshuler A. Early childhood caries: new knowledge has implications for breastfeeding families. J Dent Child 2006; 42(2): 27-31. Available
- from: http://www.llli.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVAprMayJun06p27.html. Accessed March 28, 2008.
- Chu S. Review: Early childhood caries: risk and prevention in underserved population. J Dent Child 2008; 18(1). Available from: http://www..jyi.org/research/re.php?id=717. Accessed March 28, 2008.
- Berkowittz RJ. Causes, treatment and prevention of early childhood caries: a microbiologic perspective. J Can Dent Assoc 2003; 69(5): 306. Available from:nd Fajriani & Hendrastuty H.: Penatalaksanaan early childhood caries http:/www/cdaadc.ca/jcda/vol69/issue5/304.pdf.
- Accessed: April 20, 2008.
- Rivew-early childhood caries:risk and prevention in underserved populations. [online] 2005 [cited 2008Jan 15]. Available from URL: http://www.jyi.org.
- Breastfeeding doesnâ€™t increase kids cavity risk. [online] 2007 [cited 2008 Jan 23]. Available from URL: http://www.healthcentral.com.
- Heriandi S. Penanggulangan karies rampan serta keluhannya pada anak. Jakarta: FKG UI; 2002.
- Kidd E. Dasar-dasar karies, penyakit dan penanggulangannya. Alih bahasa: Sumawinata N. Jakarta: Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC; 1992.
- Promoting awareness, preventing pain: facts on early childhood caries (ECC) [online] 2004 [cited 2008 Jan 15]. Available from URL: http://www.mchoralhealth.org.
- Riani D, Sarasati. Peranan pola makanan terhadap karies gigi pada anak. J Indonesian Dent Assoc 2005;16.
- Sintawati F, Yuyus R, Magdarina DA. Karies gigi pada anak di 5 wilayah DKI Tahun 1993. Cermin Dunia Kedokteran 2002; 134: 39. Available from: www.kalbr.co.id/tiles/cdk/felis/13. Accessed April 20,2008.
- Study finds no association between breastfeeding and early childhood caries.[online] 2007 [cited 2008 Jan 23]. Available from URL: http://www.ada.org.
How to Cite
Fajriani, F., & Handayani, H. (2011). Penatalaksanaan early childhood caries Management of early childhood caries. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 10(3), 179–183. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v10i3.281