Patient mental attitude: a systematic review
Objective: To review the classifications of denture patientâ€™s mental attitude in order to expand readerâ€™s knowledge and help practitioners to confront their patient.Methods: Electronic search in internet to find articles which were published in last 20 years with keywords â€œpatient mental attitudeâ€ and â€œhouse classificationâ€. Articles were then selected by reviewing the title and abstract.Results: Based on data search, there are eight journal articles that suitable with the inclusion criteria.Conclusion: It is important for dentists to recognize patientâ€™s mental attitude before patientâ€™s general condition to help dentist to communicate and deal with patient along their mental attitude, in order to create a bond of trust between patient and practitioner, facilitate the treatment procedure and make a better treatment result.
- Emami E, de-Souza RF, Kabawat M, et al. The impact of
- edentulism on oral and general health. Int J Dent 2013: 2-4.
- Choudhary S, Kumar A, Arora H. Correlation of patientâ€™s
- mental attitude with age, sex, and educational level: A
- survey. Eur J Dent 2016;10: 23, 26-28.
- Gaikwad AV, Singh KP, Hazari P, Deshpande S, Babar G,
- Jain JK. Different classification systems of complete
- denture patients based on mental attitude: a review.
- IJOCR 2015;3: 28-31.
- Bandodkar KA, Aras M. Psychological considerations
- for complete denture patients. J Indian Prosthodont Soc
- ;7: 71-73.
- Gamer S, Tuch R, Garcia LTMM. House mental classification revisited: intersection of particular patient types
- and particular dentistâ€™s needs. J Prosthet Dent 2003;89:
- Nallaswamy D. Textbook of prosthodontic. 2nd Ed. New
- Delhi: Jaypee; 2017. p. 21.
- Walia K, Belludi SA, Kulkarni P, et al. A comparative and a
- qualitative analysis of patientâ€™s motivation, expectation and
- satisfaction with dental implans. J Clin Diagn Res 2016;
- : 23.
- McCunniff M, Wei L, Dawson D, et al. Patientsâ€™ esthetic
- expectation and satisfaction with complete dentures. J
- Prosthet Dent 2016: 2.
- De-Siqueira GP, Dos-Santos MBF, Dos-Santos JFF, et al.
- Patientsâ€™ expectation and satisfaction with removable
- dental prosthesis therapy and correlation with patientsâ€™
- evaluation of the dentists. Acta Odontol Scand 2013;71: 211.
- Muchtar M, Habar ID. The speech ability on maxillary
- denture wearer: a systematic review. J Dentomaxillofac Sci
- ;3: 1-2.
How to Cite
Jubhari, E. H., & Rachellea, K. (2020). Patient mental attitude: a systematic review. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 5(2), 69–73. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v0i0.754