The effect of fabrication techniques of temporary crowns on the gingiva health
Objective: To determine the effect of manufacturing technique of temporary imitative crown on the gingiva health.Material and Methods: The clinical experimental study was conducted on 10 samples for each the manufacturing technique of temporary imitative crowns. On sample we conduct clinical examination by using plaque and gingival indexes, as well as DHE and scaling at the beginning of the study. And then we count the number of bacterial colonies by using swab method on the cervical part of the provisory. Data were analyzed by chi-square test.Results: There was an effect between the manufacturing technique of temporary imitative crown with plaque and gingival indexes and there was a significant correlation between the manufacturing techniques of provisory on the gingiva health (p<0.05).Conclusion: There was an effect between the manufacturing techniques of the temporary imitative crown on the gingival health. The manufacturing technique of indirect-direct has minimum effect on the gingival health.
- Lesmana RA. Faktor-faktor periodontal yang harus dipertimbangkan pada perawatan gigi tiruan cekat. Jurnal kedokteran Gigi Universitas Indoneisia 1999;6: 35-36.
- Prajitno HR. Ilmu gigi tiruan jembatan. Jakarta: EGC; 1991. p. 95-99.
- Wassel RW, George GS, Ingladew RP, et al. Crowns and other extra-coronal restorations: provisional restorations. Br Dent J 2002;192: 619-630.
- Bennani V. fabrication of an indirect-direct provisional fixed partial denture. J Posthet Dent 2000;84: 364-365.
- Farah JW, Power JM. Temporary cements. The Dental Advisor 2005;22: 2-4.
- TM Le. An. Analysis of direct versus indirect provisionalization. Dent Today 2006;25: 136-147.
- Santos GC, Santos MJ. Selecting a temporary cement; a case report. Dent restorations. Dentalaegis 2012;8: 1-9.
- Regish KM, Sharma D, Prithviraj DR. Techniques of fabrications of provisional restoration, An overview. Int J Dent 2011;7: 1-5.
- Prema, Shetty SR, Raj DRP. Marginal fit of provisional crowns fabricated by direct, indirect and combination techniques: A scanning microscopic study. Arc Oral Sci Res 2012;2: 23-29.
- Ramkumar V, Sangeetha A, Kumar V. Effect of water temperature on the fit of provisional crown margins during polymerization: An in vitro study. J Pharm Bioallied Sci 2012;4: 376-383.
- Howard ES, Roseanne JM. Techniques to facilitate placement of provisional restorations. Dentalaegis 2012;8: 1-9.
- Holand W, Schweiger M, Rheinberger VM, Kappert H. Review bioceramics 2009;108: 373-380.
- ADA PPR. Temporary cements. 2011;6: 13-16.
- Yanikoglu ND, Bayindir F, Kurklu D, et al. Flexural strength oftemporary Restorative Materials Storedin different solutions. J Stomatol 2014;4: 291-298.
- Singh K, Gupta N, Chowdhary N, Kapoor V, Effects of tooth and poorly designed artifical crowns on health of periodontium and esthetics: a case report. J Pharm Biomed Sci 2012;24: 12-15.
- Flores DJ, Zafiropoulas GG, Cianco S. The effect of crowns margin location on palque and periodontal health. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 1989;9: 197-205.
- Sood S, Gupta S. periodontal-restorative ineractions: a riview. Indian J Cli Prac 2013;23: 707-714.
- Rawashdeh RY, Malkawi HI, Al-Hiyasat AS. The effect of crown restorations on the types and counts of cariogenic bacteria. Jordan J Bio Sci 2008;1: 100-104.
- Shah SA, Naqash TA. Comparative evaluation of vertical marginal accuracy of chemically polymerized polymenthyl methacrylate provisional resorative crown using direct, indirect and combination thecniques: a research. Int J Health Sci Res 2015;5: 136-138.
- Thahir H, Djais AI, Wendy S, Achmad MH, Akbar FH. Management of maxillary labial frenum with comparison of conventional and incision below the clamp techniques: a case report. J Dentomaxillofac Sci 2018;3: 61-66.
How to Cite
Jubhari, E. H., Machmud, E., Hasminar, H., Arafi, A., Kristianti, C. A., Arpa, S., & Amiruddin, M. (2019). The effect of fabrication techniques of temporary crowns on the gingiva health. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 4(3), 133–136. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v0i0.853