Relationship between Region Abscess Maxillofacial and Climate in South Sulawesi
Objective: To determine the relationship between regiomaxilofacialabscesses with the monsoon and dry seasons.Material and Methods: Type of research used in this study isdescriptive observational. The research design used in this study is thecross sectional study.Results: The results of this study are not significant in the designationof the relationship between abscess maxillofacial and climate in SouthSulawesi, because it is caused by several factors including the numberof samples and the interval of data used, as well as environmentalfactors such as temperature and air pressure.Conclusion: This study regarding the relationship betweenmaxillofacial region abscess and climate in South Sulawesi showedthat as many as 31 abscess cases in Ibnu Sina Hospital, 9 abscess casesin Unhas Teaching Hospital, 3 cases of abscesses in East of IndonesiaUniversity Hospital occurred during monsoon season, while 27 cases ofIbnu Hospital abscess Sina, 2 abscess cases in Unhas Teaching Hospital,3 abscess cases in East of Indonesia University Hospital occurredduring dry season. This indicates that there is a relationship betweenthe development of abscesses when itâ€™s monsoon season or whenbarometric pressure is low.
Keywords: Region abscess maxillofacial Relationship to abscess and climate Abscess growth during the monsoon season
- Sousa JC, et al. Apical periodontitis and related risk factors:
- Cross sectional study. J of Cranio Maxillofac Surg 2015;56:
- Kojima Y, Kojima M, Sakaguchi K, et al. Case report: a
- case of buccal abscess from an impacted wisdom tooth in
- an elderly. Case Report Dent 2016.
- Chatterji P, Goyal I. Temporoparietal and infratemporal
- fossa abscess as a complication of dental extraction. Asian
- J Med Sci 2018;9: 57-60.
- Seemann R. The frequency of dental abscesses increases
- in periods of low barometric pressure. J Cranio Maxillofac
- Surg 2015;43: 1843-1848.
- Matthews DC, Sutherland S, Basrani B. Emergency management
- of acute apical abscesses in the permanent dentition:
- a systematic review of the literature. J Can Dent Assoc
- ;69: 660.
- Prakash SK, Shweta. Dental abscess: a microbiological
- review. Dent Rest J 2013;10.
- Aschoff J, Wever R. Anisotropy of the skin for heat transfer.
- Pflugers Arch Gesamte Physiol Menschen Tiere 1959;269:
- Chanda MH. Canina fossa abscess and treatment. J
- Dentomaxillofac Sci 2018;3: 54-57.
How to Cite
Tajrin, A., Ruslin, M., Fauzi, A., Rasul, M. I., & Seleng, L. D. K. (2019). Relationship between Region Abscess Maxillofacial and Climate in South Sulawesi. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 4(3), 137–141. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v4i3.922