Three in one dental mirror: inovation of oral diagnostic instrument
Objective: This invention is to facilitate the work of the dentist in terms of examination and treatment, and increase the efficiency of time and reduce the risk of nosocomial infection.Material and Methods: The tool that used to clean debris and water that covered the mirror surface is a dental syringe which can spray water and air. But the use of dental syringe will reduce treatment effectiveness and time efficiency, it can even increase the risk of nosocomial infection.Results: The optimal pressure for this instrument to prevent and to clean stains on the mirror surface is between 2.5-4 bar (1 bar =0.1 MPa).Conclusion: The multifunctional prototype of dental mirror which is a combination of three dental instruments in one tool has been created using the 3D printing method
- Anwar AI. Correlation between mental health and caries
- status in primary school students. J Dentomaxillofac
- Sci 2018;3: 108.
- Selwitz RH, Ismail AI, Pitts N. Dental Caries. J Lancet
- ;369: 51.
- Mital P, Mahta N, Saini A, et al. Recent advances in
- detection and diagnosis of dental caries. J Evolution Med
- Dent Sci 2016;3: 177.
- Surathu N, Nasim I. Assesment of the use of a dental
- mirror. JDMS 2015;14: 115.
- Obot EP, Asuquo UE, Oku DE. Construction and operation
- of a clap light switch. IJSER 2015;6: 1983.
- Mpofu TP, Mawere C, Mukosera M. The impact and
- application of 3D printing technology. ISJR 2014;3: 2148.
- Tasdemir M. Properties of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene.
- J App Polymer Sci 2004;93: 2521.
- Aguirre EC, Franco FI, Samsudin H, et al. Polylactic acid
- mass production, processing, industrial application, and
- end of life. J Adv Drug Delivery Review 2016;107: 1.
- Shah Ah, Wyne AH. Cross infection control in dentistry:
- a review. Pakistan Oral Dent J 2010;30: 168.
- Ozdemir D. Dental caries and preventive strategies. J
- Educ Instructional Stud 2014;4: 20.
- Relvas M, Diz P, Seoane J, et al. Oral health scales: design
- of an oral helath scale of infectious potential. Med Oral
- Patol Oral Cir Bucal 2013;18: e664-e670.
- Dimashkieh MR. A reverse-angle dental miror. J Prosthet
- Dent 2002;87: 345-346.
- Albandar JM. Epidemiology and risk factors of periodontal
- diseases. Dent Clin North Am 2005;49: 517-532.
- Chalmers JM, King PL, Spencer AJ, et al. The oral health
- assessment tool Ã¢ validity and reliability. Aust Dent J
- Greene JC, Vermillion JR. The simplified oral hygiene
- index. J Am Dent Assoc 1964;68: 7.
- Kay E, Locker D. A systematic review of the effectiveness
- of health promotion aimed at improving oral health.
- Community Dent Health. 1998;15:132â€“144.
How to Cite
Rieuwpassa, I. E., Rizal, A. M., Muis, A., & Lala, H. H. (2019). Three in one dental mirror: inovation of oral diagnostic instrument. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 4(2), 75–78. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v4i2.943