The effectiveness methanol extract clausena excavate on number of fibroblast and density of collagen fibers after tooth extraction
Objective: This study is made to identify the effect of extracts in Clausena excavata 50% on the number of fibroblasts and the density of collagen fiber in recovery after tooth extraction. Material and Methods: This is a true experimental designed with post-test only control group design, using 24 rats were divided into two groups, each group of three rats. Lower incisor tooth extraction performed lower left, into the tooth socket CMC applied to the control group and 0.5% extract treatment group Clausena excavata 50%. The number density of fibroblasts and collagen fibers were observed on days 3, 7, 14 and 21 with Haematoxylin Eosin staining and Mallory. The differences in density of collagen fibers observation group with Kruskal-Wallis test.Results: There are significant differences in a number of fibroblasts and density of collagen fibers between a control group and socket treatment group (p <0.05).Conclusion: The extract Clausena excavata 50% can fasten the wound recovery by increasing the number of fibroblasts and collagen fibers.
- Guo S, DiPietro LA. Factors affecting wound healing. J Dent Res 2010;89: 219-229.
- Olazyk, P, Komosinska-Vassev K, Winsa-Szczotka K,et al. Propolis modulates Vitronectin, Laminin, and heparan sulfate / heparin during experimental burn healing expression. J Zhejiang 2012;13: 932-941.
- Landen NX. Transition from inflammation to proliferation: a critical step during wound healing. Cell Mol Life Sci 2016;73: 3861-3885.
- Gutner GC. Wound healing, normal and abnormal. In Grabb editor. Smith's Plastic Surgery 6th edition. Philadelphia: Elseviers; 2007. p. 15-22.
- Velnar T, Bailey T, Smrkolj V. The wound healing process: an overview of the cellular and molecular mechanisms. J Int Med Res 2009;37: 1531-1534.
- Rosanto YB, Handajani J, Susilowati H. Effects giving gum gel banana plant stem against density in topical collagen fibers wound healing process after tooth extraction marmots. Dentika Dent J 2012;17: 34-39.
- Arbab IA, Abdul ABM. Clausena excavate aspollah burm. f. (rutaceae): a review of its traditional uses, pharmacological and phytochemical properties. Plants J Med Res 2011;5: 7177-7184.
- Faten KSS. Plectranthus tenuiflorus (shara) promotes wound healing: in vitro and in vivo studies. Int J Botany 2010: 69-80.
- Sabirin IP, Melani A, Bethy SH. Role of noni leaf extract ethanol topical (morindacitrifolia l.) on wound healing judging from imunoekspresi CD34 and collagen in rats Wistar strain. Faculty of Dentistry, University of Ahmad Yani Cimahi 2013;45: 226-233.
- Agarwal PK, Singh A, Gaurav K, et al. Evaluation of wound healing activity of the extract plantae banana (M. sapientum var. Paradisiaca) in rats. Indian J Exp Biol 2017;47: 332-340.
- Rasul I, Setiady D. Efficacy of mengkudu leaves extract (morinda citrifolia) on wound healing rate post tooth extraction in white rats (rattus norvegicus). J Dentomaxillofac Sci 2018;3: 28-31.
- Faure D. The family-3 glycoside hydrolises: from housekeeping function to the host-microbe interction. App Environment Microbiol 2002;64: 1485-1490.
How to Cite
Ismardianita, E., Widyawati, W., Elianora, D., Rosalina, W., Nofrike, L., & Khairani, V. Y. (2019). The effectiveness methanol extract clausena excavate on number of fibroblast and density of collagen fibers after tooth extraction. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 4(3), 170–175. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v4i3.996