Analysis of gene polymorphisms TGF? rs 1058213 to cleft lip cases with or without a non-syndrome cleft palate in Riau Malay Ethnic
Objective: This study aims to determine the role of gene polymorphism TGFÎ± rs 1058213 in cases of cleft lip with or without cleft palate nonsyndrome in the Riau Malay tribe.Material and Methods: DNA extraction of venous blood and polymorphism TGFÎ± rs 1058213 was assessed using the Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism-PCR (RFLP-PCR) working method and followed by sequencing. Genotyping SNP rs1058213 in the TGFÎ± gene was performed by the RFLP-PCR method in control and CLP NS patients. The data was assessed using the test statistic premises T-testÂ difference test.Results: The total sample size included 68 samples consisting of 34 CLP NS samples and 34 control samples. The cases of CLP NS occurred more in men than women, 20 cases (59%) and 14 cases (14%), respectively.Conclusion: There was no significant difference between TGFÎ± rs 1058213 gene polymorphisms in CLP NS and controls in the Riau Malay tribe.
Deprecated: Non-static method HtmlArticleGalleyPlugin::get_html() should not be called statically in /home/customer/www/jdmfs.org/public_html/cache/t_compile/42362804174f266c598cdb32c3208fc745b92101^addd65021fadf964339ab08cd1aa93ba59b14e9c_0.app.frontendobjectsarticledet.php on line 214
- Verloes A. Updated diagnostic criteria for charge syndrome:
- a proposal. Am J Med Genet A 2005;133: 306-308.
- Mossey PA, Little J, Munger RG, et al. Cleft lip and palate.
- Lancet 2009;374: 1773-1785.
- Wahyuni A, Yunus M, Ruslin M. The difference uses of
- panoramic photo and cbct evaluation of the gnathoplasty
- surgery outcome. J Dentomaxillofac Sci 2017;2: 110-113.
- Malik NA. Textbook of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- JP Medical Ltd; 2012. p. 615-618.
- Sull JW, Liang KY, Hetmanski JB, et al. Evidence that TGFA
- influences risk to cleft lip with/without cleft palate through
- unconventional genetic mechanisms. Human Genetics
- ;126: 385-394.
- Lidral AC, Moreno LM. Progress toward discerning the
- genetics of cleft lip. Current Opinion Pediatrics 2005;
- : 731.
- Rajion ZA, Alwi Z. Genetics of cleft lip and palate: a review.
- Malay J Med Sci 2007;14: 4-9.
How to Cite
Masrial, M., Yanwirasti, Y., Syukur, S., & Syamsudin, E. (2018). Analysis of gene polymorphisms TGF? rs 1058213 to cleft lip cases with or without a non-syndrome cleft palate in Riau Malay Ethnic. Journal of Dentomaxillofacial Science, 3(1), 32–36. https://doi.org/10.15562/jdmfs.v3i1.498